Creosote 40+ Year Service Life
Coal Tar Creosote has been trusted and used for over 150 years. Creosote has a
proven ability to significantly improve the service life of timber used for
various purposes, from utility poles, railway sleepers and fruit growing
supports to fencing posts, strainers and struts.
Our Creosoted timber is dried and then pressure treated at 100°C, this ensures an optimum penetration of the Creosote into the timber significantly increasing its durability and lifespan.
Please note: Creosote is restricted to agriculturl, industrial and professional use only. By purchasing this product, you are agreeing that you are a professional user. For further information regarding regulation, use and disposal please see the WPA’s Creosote Use Guidance Note.
To maximise the service life of you creosoted timber we recommend the following:
- Retreat any cuts, notches etc with creosote (which we supply in 25ltr drums)
- Never put a cut or notched section into the ground even if it has been retreated with creosote
- Do not point posts after pressure treatment
- Avoid damage to the timber by preforming post holes
- Avoid shortening of fence posts where possible but when unavoidable the cut end must have creosote applied but never used for in ground contact
- Always use the appropriate timber size for the purpose required